Beautiful Day for a Hike

Today was a great day in the mountains of Western North Carolina. Temperatures were in the mid-70s with just a few big puffy clouds. Am and I took our dogs for a hike along Calderwood Lake to the mouth of Slickrock Creek, a hike I had mentioned in Our Favorite Dayhikes I post.

The trail is in good shape this year and we didn't see anyone until Slickrock Creek where a group was loading a canoe to head back home. We enjoyed a lunch by the creek while the dogs waded and swam a little bit.

I thought I'd share some pictures and help fuel a little spring fever...the weather forecast says we could get some snow in the next two days! Hard to believe after a day like this.

Anyway, enjoy the pictures!

Slickrock Creek as it cascades down into Calderwood lake.


The wildflowers are starting to bloom...

...The trilliums too!


Bridge built over a rock slide by the forest service.


Abby loves to swim!


Comments

  1. Oh, I'm jealous! We had snow here as late as yesterday. I'd love to see flowers right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It actually started snowing here the day after we went on that hike. Gotta love North Carolina weather - 75 degrees one day, snow the next and now back into the upper 60s!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts