Trail Camera Fun - Part I

For Christmas this year, I got a trail camera. I set it up near my house and put out some food scraps and feed corn, just to see what shows up. So far we have gotten what I expected - squirrels, mice, racoons - and a few things I didn't - coyotes, foxes and some neighborhood dogs.

I look forward to having this camera set up all summer and into next fall because I know there are bears around (I have seen at least three in the past year) as well as deer and plenty of turkeys. I'll keep you posted.



Coyote at night.

Must have heard the camera.
Three coyotes!

Coyotes are actually pretty animals, even though they are considered a nuisance.
Marking its territory.

Raccoon butt!

Fat raccoon.

"What was that?!"

All done for the night.

 
So. Many. Crows.


Selfie!



Must have heard the camera.
Very photogenic.

Two foxes!

Very rare daytime shot of the fox.

Checking out his squirrel kingdom.
 
Very sensitive motion detect - caught this mouse going for the corn.
Neighborhood dogs - we know their owners.
 
Our dog Abby is mad about all the visitors.

Happy, happy, happy! (We don't know him, though)
My brother looking for the camera! It is well-hidden.


Comments

Popular Posts