Mountain Biking at Tsali

I went mountain biking with my friend Landon yesterday at the world-famous Tsali trails. The Tsali (pronounced SAH-lee) area boasts some of the best single track in the world and people come from all over the country to ride these trails. They are located on Highway 28 between Bryson City and Robbinsville, NC.

We tackled the Left Loop trail, which is eleven miles of rolling singletrack that skirts Fontana lake. Most of the trail is pretty level with a few big climbs that pay off with wide open downhill areas. I hadn't been biking in a while so I was pretty slow, but it was a beautiful day and I got some great pictures so it was definitely worth it.

There is plenty of information available on the web about the Tsali area, here are some links:

Mountain Bike WNC - General information on the history of the area, directions and lodging options.

Tsali Horse and Bike Trail information - Run by Graham County locals with maps, Trail information and a schedule of which trails are open each day

Tsali Area Informational Brochure - PDF of the same map and information given out at the ranger station.

Hundreds other pages can be found just by typing Tsali into Google or your favorite search engine.

I'll post pictures and videos later this evening after I pull them off my camera.

Comments

Popular Posts